Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Baby It's Cold!: A List of Some of My Favorite Body Moisturizers

With the temperature dropping there's no doubt that moisture will as well.  How is a girl suppose to keep skin soft?

Here are some of my favorite products for keeping my skin soft and smooth during the cold.


Clarins Moisture Rich Body Lotion $52 for 13.6 oz:  This is my old stand by and one moisturizer I must always have on hand.  It's super rich and really can't be classified as a lotion.  I use this after a bath or shower so that I can give it all night to soak in.  It's pretty greasy though so you won't be able to open jars until it absorbs.

Byredo Parfums Body Lotion in Pulp $65 for 7.6 oz:  Pricey yes!  But oh how I adore this body lotion.  The consistency is very much like yogurt.  It's thick and a bit hard to get out of the container, but once it's out it is amazingly smooth creamy and light.  Almost watery once you start rubbing it into you skin.  The scent Pulp is an instant pick e up.  To me it smells a bit like bitter citrus (grapefruit perhaps?) I honestly don't smell any of the other notes on me.  It's the perfect bright and sunny scent to drive away the winter blues.  The lotion sinks in quite readily and stays there.  Hands are kept grease-free and your skin will smell lovely all day.

Flowerbomb Bomblicious Body Lotion $50 for 6.7 oz:  Also pricey now that I think about it.....  This is a great light lotion that sinks into the skin quickly and leaves behind the amazing scent of Flowerbomb.  The skin stays soft and beautifully scented.  A great lotion to have during the day to deal with the random rough patches.

Hanae Mori Butterfly Body Cream $56 for 8.4 oz:  Now this is an amazing body cream. 
I'm not too impressed with the body lotion from this line but the body cream is amazing.  A little goes a long way and the skin feels instantly softer, not greasy.  It is lightly scented with Hanae Mori and can be layered with the fragrance or worn alone.

LUSH Sympathy for the Skin $26.95 for 8.4 oz:  When I worked as a seasonal SA at LUSH I immediately tried on Dream Cream because it was suppose to help with irritated skin.  Well, it didn't work....  In fact, I noticed red welts form in some of the areas I applied it.  I then when on to try Sympathy for the Skin because I figured if the lotion is going to irritate me then I might as well smell like vanilla and not stinky lavender.  It didn't irritate though.  Not only that, the moisture lasted on my skin from one shower to the next.  I suppose some people are sensitive to the essential oils used.  I know I am and I know I'm not the only one because it also happened to a coworker at the same time and it went away once  I told her to switch from Dream Cream to Sympathy for the Skin.  It soaks in better than Dream Cream but still remains a little tacky so this is best as a night time moisturizer.

Tatcha Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter $48 for 6.7 oz:  This cream is made out of indigo which is suppose to help with skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis.  It has a calming herbal scent that is very relaxing and not overpowering.  What I love about this body butter is that you don't need much to cover your whole body and it does seem to help with the inflammation I get due to my skin allergies.  Albeit it is not a cure and I still have to take antihistamines regularly, but I have noticed that it does help.  The cream is very moisturizing but does leave a bit of a sticky feel so just remember not to overdo it.

That's all for me right now.  Do you have any favorite body moisturizers?  Let me know.

Happy Thanksgiving!

         


No comments:

Post a Comment