Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Apologies for the Neglect: Barneys Love Yourself AND Space NK Beauty Edit

Can you say expensive week?

Again apologies for not posting recently.  I've been busy and haven't had many exciting things to note.....

But this week (starting tomorrow) takes the cake!

And by cake I mean birthday cake since it is my birthday week and the credit cards are going to come out in full swing!

Usually these events happen in September/ October and are about a week apart.  But this year they are going on at the same time so I think this is the perfect opportunity to have a look and see which beauty bag (or both) you will go for.

First off: Barney's Love Yourself Bag September 10-14

This time around the bag is fairly impressive.  What's more, the minimum purchase price lowered to $200 from $250 and they extended the gift bag for one more day.  That alone has my attention, no more rushing in on Saturday afternoon for me.  Also, the bag has a good mix of skincare and cosmetics which makes it a lot more balanced than the previous bags.  You can find all the details at Lola's Secret Beauty Blog here.  She goes into more detail about the contents of the bag and step up gifts.

Another reason to consider this bag is that Barney's will also have available the City Exclusive scents from Le Labo.  If you don't have a Le Labo near your this is a great time to get one of these scents before they disappear.  Le Labo city exclusive scents will be available for the month of September.

So let's recap....
Minimum purchase price is $200
Step up gifts from brands may be available as well
Mix of samples, deluxe samples and full sized products
Includes the purchase of all cosmetics, skincare and fragrances
Le Labo City Exclusives are also available
Available from Wednesday 9/10/14 through Sunday 9/14/14 (5 whole days)

Overall I'm really impressed.  I had sworn off these bags last year because of the increasing price coupled with the disappointing loot and the inconvenience of only having Saturday to pick the bag up.  I tend to not pre-order things because I'm an impulsive shopper when I don't physically see what I'm getting right in front of me and need to see things in person to figure out if I'll like them.  Plus I hate waiting for things once I've paid for them.  So will I be hitting up this gift bag?  All signs point to yes.....

Secondly:  Space NK Beauty Edit Bag

The Space NK Beauty Edit Bag is the too cool for school bag.  The contents are amazing and the gift bag is only available for one stinking day!  On top of all of that, bags are extremely limited and usually pre-sell weeks in advance.  

Last year I tried to inquire about one at Bloomingdales in San Francisco since they had the display left.  The lady basically told me that there was a wait list and I could put my name on it to see if anyone that previously reserved a bag would be a no show.  While contemplating this, a lady came in for an appointment and the SA attending to her immediately grabbed the contents of the display case and gave it to her.  SHA-DY!  After looking over the bag contents and the items they had to offer I decided to pass on the bag.  Honestly, I never really got over them getting rid of Lime Crime.

Okay, rant over....

The bag is available for one day only (September 10) and is available with a minimum purchase of $250.  If you're looking to get this bag in person you might be out of luck.  Space NK store fronts are fairly scarce and the bags are most likely all pre-sold out.

The bag is a very large cosmetics bag, I honestly prefer the tote bags they used to give out.  The items in the bag are a mix of sample, deluxe sample and full size products (however, the only full sized product I see is the Rahua Hair Wax).  You do get a lot of stuff in this bag (34 items including the bag it comes in) and there is a good mix of skincare, haircare and a few cosmetics items thrown in for good measure.

If you are one that is more focused on skincare and haircare then I think this bag will be the bee's knees for you.  For those of you wanting a more colorful bag you might be in for a disappointment.

Your best bet for getting this bag would be online.  You can call a store near you to see if they have bags left but that's highly unlikely.  If you want the bag then be sure to log in early in the morning to Space NK and be sure that you are registered and have a card on file.  If you can, work on your cart now (hint: look at the sale section) so that in the morning all you have to do is check out.

Recapping.....
 Minimum purchase of $250
Available only on September 10th
Mix of samples, deluxe samples and full size products
Items are mainly skincare and haircare
Best chance of securing a bag is to shop online

So there you have it, the Fall Beauty gift bags are upon us.  Will you indulge in a beauty bag or two?

Also note, that the holiday season is closing in and deluxe skincare and cosmetic samples of items you wouldn't use make excellent stocking stuffers.  Not that I'm trying to justify getting multiple bags.... but yeah I am.

Have a great week and live happy!

 
          
    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment