Monday, July 7, 2014

Hope Everyone Had a Fun and Safe Weekend! Fragrance of Last Week: Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur

So honestly I don't know why I chose this scent for my 4th of July weekend, but I did and I'm glad.

Usually in the thick of summer you have a bunch of fruity and sweet scents.  And while those are nice, it's always fun to stray from the crowd.


In the case of Musc Ravageur, more than one spray and the crowd will stray from you.

This scent is usually worn by men because it's heavy and it lacks many feminine notes.  I love this all the same because I'm a fan of musk and I apparently love anything Maurice Roucel formulates.

The notes are bergamot, tangerine and cinnamon set against a base of vanilla, musk and amber.

It's straight up sexy.  A rich oriental that lasts for days and days.  This is what a real man smells like (move over Cool Water and Polo Sport.... that's right I said it!).  I very much think that this is how James Bond should smell like.  Classy, dark, sensual and a little bit dangerous.

Now the price of any Frederic Malle is likely to cause sticker shock.  At $180 for 50ml th is is no exception.  But honestly, one spray and you're good all day and night.  My mistake was buying the 100ml.  There's expiration dates on the bottle so make sure you can finish it in time.  Although even after the expiration date I'm sure it still smells lovely.

So there you have it!  If you're looking for damn sexy cologne then go to your local Barneys and have a sniff.

That's all for me.  Have a great week and live happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment