Saturday, June 14, 2014

Are Dark Lipsticks Making a Comeback?

I'm not a 100% sure since we're still in summer but I'm going out on a limb here and saying that fall will bring back vampy lip colors.

And of course with vampy lips will naturally come pale skin.  But let's focus on the lips.


The beauty of this trend is that more than likely people already have a few dark lip colors already.  I have a crap-ton of them myself.

From wines to black I'm pretty much covered.  In fact I think I'm ready for any lip trend.

So in this blurp I'm going to list a few of my favorite dark colors.  These are great colors that I wish I wore more often everytime I pull them out of my box.  Bare with me, there's a lot of MAC.

MAC Media:  A great dark burgundy.  It's a satin finish so it glides on smoothly and is nice and moisturizing.

MAC Cyber:  Rich dark (almost black) purple.  Another creamy satin formula.

MAC Hipster: A frosty color in between wine and burgundy.  If you're looking for something a little flashy this is a great color.

MAC Dubonnet:  You need this color!  Divine wine with a hint of brown.  Amplified formula makes this a very color rich lipstick.

OCC Black Dahlia:  This is a blackened red that gives lips a sultry and seductive look.  Don't put on too much or you're asking for feathering.

MAC Midnight Media:  If you're going for a matte black lipstick then this is a great one.  It's even perfect for making any other lipstick darker.

Lancome Sweet Raisin:  This is a great blackened purple gloss that will subtly darken lips and give a pretty shimmer.

MAC Decorative:  A purple-wine gloss with lots of shimmer.  You're lips will look luscious.

MAC Date Night: A reddish purple with lots of blue iridescent sparkle.  A great fun color.

What are some of your favorites?

Hope this was helpful, if there's any questions please ask in the comments.

Live Happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment