Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fragrance of the Week: Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil

So it has definitely been April Showers in the Bay Area this past week.  As far as California goes, we will always need water and so it's not so bad.


To compliment the rain, the scent I chose is Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.  If you are a VIB member of Sephora you can get this baby at 15% off.  But at the time of this posting it was already sold out online.

The direct translation is "A garden on the Nile".  It is a wonderful scent for those that love "green" scents and in my opinion one of the best scents for Spring and Summer.

If this is what it smells like to walk along the Nile then I think I might have to add that to my bucket list.  Walking along the Mississippi River.... not as pleasant.  Then again I was in New Orleans so maybe it would've been nicer if I was more upstream.

The notes of this scent are:  

Top: Green mango, Grapefruit

Middle: Calamus, Lotus

Base: Sycamore, Frankincense

It's light and vibrant and not too feminine.  It's a very clean scent that seems to linger all day long.  At $94 for 1.6 fl oz. it is indeed a splurge, but it is a scent that you will wear forever and never tire of.  I have a bunch of scents that I have to put on rotation because I get sick of them or they don't smell the same on me anymore and I have to wait until they work with my skin chemistry.  But this scent, always lovely and always on point.

So if you want a little green to compliment you April showers (and May flowers) then check this one out.

Have a wonderful weekend and live happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment