Friday, March 21, 2014

Fragrance of the Week: Marc Jacobs Blush

Now I will have to apologize (again) for picking a fragrance that is discontinued.

I honestly can't imagine why the company decided to do away with this fragrance because there's just absolutely nothing else like it.


When they stopped selling these at my department store, I knew I was in trouble.  For a little while they were sold in the Marc Jacob's boutique and you could still get them there (thank goodness for living in SF).

I bought a large bottle there and kept it in a cool dark place.  I then proceeded to ration my small bottle and after all these years later I am still using that small bottle.  I suppose that's the good thing to having a bunch of fragrances to rotate with.  When something gets discontinued or reformulated, I can always take it out of regular rotation and save it for special occasions.

So what makes this so special for me?  On my skin it smells just like jasmine tea.  I kid you not, when I wore this at work one day my supervisor commented that he smelled tea.

The fragrance never gets headache inducing like most jasmine fragrances can be and it lasts all day long.  There is a bit of a throw but it definitely doesn't enter a room before you do (unlike Angel).

The notes are: Jasmine nectar (I so think of Schmidt from The New Girl everytime I hear this nectar), sweet orange flower, enticing cashmere wood and luxurious pink musk.

All this on my skin equates to...... jasmine tea!

If you love jasmine tea and want to smell like it, then find a vial to sample sooner rather than later so that you can buy a full bottle while there's still some available online.

That's it for me, it's been a long week but I suppose it reconfirms that I'm alive right?

Live Happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment