Thursday, December 19, 2013

Influenster Jolly Vox Box Review 2013

First and foremost I really want to thank Influenster for providing this Vox Box.  



If you have never heard of them then check out their site.  Everything in the Vox Box is free.  All you have to do is review it.  There are also surveys that you can take to increase your likelihood of getting qualified for future Vox Box specials.


Onto the stuff then yes?


First off when I opened the box I see Skinny Cow Candy.
A total of 18 pieces in this box

3 pieces per bag

I never tried their candy but I did eat their ice cream sandwiches before and they were yummy.

As for this candy?  It was chocolate filled with peanut butter so I had high hopes.  I'm glad to say I wasn't disappointed.  This is delicious!  The chocolate was crisp at first bite but melted wonderfully in my mouth and the peanut butter had just a bit of salt for contrast.  Also the peanut butter wasn't overly waxy or greasy.  I tend to find that be the case with a lot of peanut butter filled candies.

Next up I got a nice travel pack of Puffs Ultra Soft & Strong tissue.  This is going to be a lifesaver I tell you.  Puffs is amazingly soft and with the Winter in full swing I can tell you that this is going right into my purse.  I can't really say if they're noticeably stronger than regular Puffs but they do hold up well to snotty noses.  The lotion that is infused into the tissue is phenomenal.  No irritation at all.


After that I got a FULL SIZED Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer.  The color I got was Luna and I couldn't be happier.  You see I have about 8 colors of them already and so I wasn't sure if I was going to get a duplicate or not.  Not only did I get a new color for my lip color arsenal, orange and coral lips seem to be the "it" thing this Winter.  I suppose it counteracts the gloominess.  I'm sure I'll get good use out of this and for the record, I adore these lip colors!  Highly pigmented, lightweight and long wearing.


Looks more nude in the picture but I find it to be a coral leaning more towards pink

Next I got a NYC New York Color HD Color Trio Eye Shadow.  This I suspect is competition for Wet n Wild's eyeshadow trios.  I got this in Long Beach Sands (color 781) and I can already tell that I'm going to get use out of it.  The colors have shimmer but aren't overly so and they apply very smoothly.  The applicator is short and almost useless and the lid is raised up for no reason.  Other than that I can't really see any other flaws to this palette.

You can barely see the crease color on my skin.  It blends so well.  From left to right: Highlighter, All over lid and Crease.



Lastly, I got a Ducklings Mini Roll from Duck Tape.  This came in a pretty blue and white surfer flower pattern.  I do love patterned Duck tape and having a mini roll is really convenient.  I'm wondering if these mini rolls have any Hello Kitty patterns on them......



So if you like what you saw, or just like getting free stuff (no shame in that), then head over to Influenster and sign up.  Do a bunch of reviews and surveys that interest you and before you know it, you may get that lucky email saying you're in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment