Friday, December 13, 2013

Fragrance of the Week: Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

We are really getting into the holidays now aren't we?

Thanksgiving is done, the frenzy of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday are past us and the radio station is playing nothing but Christmas songs.

Most people would begin to pull out their heavier fragrances.  The ones with musk and heavy woods.  The ones that are deep and resinous.

But for me, I find the best complement to my winter wardrobe is something that is fresh and in-your-face.  That is, until the temperature really drops around January.  That's when I pull out the big guns.


But for now, I'm going with my brighter fragrances.  Now mind you, brighter is not necessarily lighter.  Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche is a powerful scent on me and doesn't hide at all.  But it is fresh (hence the name Eau Fraiche) so it doesn't knock me down with a headache.  

In case you were wondering, I actually don't like Chanel fragrances in general.  I have been given some as gifts, and I have a bottle that was my mom's.  But if we're talking about scents I would actually buy for myself, this is the only one.

The Chanel site describes this scent as:

a vibrant incarnation of the unexpected fragrance, now takes on a sparkling freshness.  The unexpected floral bursts with a lightness and zest as notes of citrus, Water Hyacinth and Jasmine Absolute are highlighted and energized with woody notes of Amber of Patchouli and Fresh Vetiver.

Which I have to say makes an amazing elixir.

It's sweet but not cloying

It's fresh but isn't fleeting

It's floral but not nauseating

It's woody without being overly masculine

So there you have it.  Go to your nearest Sephora, Nordstrom, Chanel fragrance counter, etc. and give it a try.  You just might find something else to add to your wishlist.

Have a great weekend and live happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment