Friday, November 22, 2013

Fragrance of the Week: Le Labo Musc 25

Surely it is cruel for me to talk about a city exclusive scent.  However, it is a scent that I absolutely adore and was indeed my first Le Labo purchase.

In case you didn't know Musc 25 is exclusive to Los Angeles.  If you happen to be lucky enough to procure a bottle then you are set for life.  By that I mean that once you finish your bottle, you can get it refilled and for 20% off.  Not too shabby considering the recent price increase.  During the City Exclusive event which happens once every 2 years, I bought a minuscule 15ml spray bottle of Musc 25.  I can get this refilled but it will still be at full price.......

However, I am not too lamentful.  On my skin, all I need is one spray of this heavenly scent and I am good all day and most of the night.  Hopefully this means that my tiny bottle will last me for a while.

For a look at the bottle and description you can go here.

The Le Labo site describes this scent as white, angelic, very musky, aldehydic and intensely luminous.  It also goes on to say that its alter is made of vetiver, ambergris, more musk and more civet than the devil itself.

Some may think that this is a very contradicting fragrance but it's really incredibly balanced.  Perfect yin and yang combine in a lovely scent that is both clean and soft yet dark and sensual.  To me it smells like skin.  A very simple concept yet much harder to actually create.  It doesn't smell dirty per se, but smells as if it has the potential to get dirty (does that even make sense?).

This is one of the few scents that I would gladly wear year-round.  While it may seem that the cooler months suit a musk based fragrance more, it blends so well into the skin that it provides a sensuousness that is wearable all year.

A similar fragrance would be the Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Her Oil that is sadly discontinued but still readily available if you look online.

Or if you ever find yourself in the City of Angels with a large wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket, let me just say that there are worse things to spend your money on and few that would last as long.  But that's the rationalization of a fragrance junkie so my opinion is a bit skewed.

Hope that was helpful and that you have a great weekend.  Live happy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment