Thursday, September 19, 2013

Disney Villain Extravaganza at Walgreens

So this year Disney has teamed up with multiple brands to produced special items in another Villains collaboration.  So far the companies have been: e.l.f., Kiss, Scunci, Ardell and SoHo.

The prices for these items range from $7.99 to $9.99, usually one of those two prices.


If you are in San Jose, the Walgreens on Capitol and McKee has everything in stock.  And when I say everything I mean everything.  A bonus is that they are  opened 24 hours so if you want to go get them right now you can.

OVERALL REVIEW

(SoHo)
I was very tempted to get one of the cosmetics bags.  At $10 it's pretty reasonable, but I really couldn't see myself using it often.  Also, if these bags were out with last year's imaging I would have definitely gotten them.  Something about the watercolor pictures that just don't seem like it would suit me.

The bags are cute though, inside they are lined with a pattern unique to each villain:
Cruella = angry dalmatian
Maleficent = crow
Evil Queen = apple (I think)
Ursula = moray eel

(e.l.f.)
The make up palettes are gorgeous and definitely worth looking out for.  I feel like the eyeshadow quality was better last year but these are still great.

The nail polish cube would be a great gift.  I ended up returning mine since I don't really like the formula on elf polish but the colors were very pretty.
Colors in the cube: Nude, Smokin Hot, Smoky Brown, Coral Dream, Mint Cream, Bubble Gum Pink, Mod Mauve, Thunderstorm, Sea Escape, Cranberry, Pot of Gold and Gina Girl.

(Scunci)
The hair ties are cute but for me not worth the $8.  I'm sure I will see them available down the road in the sales rack.

(Kiss)
The nail art kits are really cute!  They have everything you would want to decorate your nails.  I was very tempted with this kit and I'm still debating over whether or not to get it.  We shall see.  The kits include a whole bunch of stuff: striping tape, glitter, caviar beads, stickers, rhinestones and top coat.

(Ardell)
This is such a fun set.  You get three pairs of lashes for $8.  What I didn't like about the set is that the lashes aren't sealed off.  Once you open the box, they are exposed and can be touched and fondled and what-not.  I would have preferred an inner lid as well to protect the lashes a little more.  On that note, the box can be easily opened in store so you can look at each set of lashes to make sure they are cut as identical as possible.

All in all this collaboration is a doozy.  There's so much to choose from I'm sure Disney will be getting your money one way or another.  Remember that not all Walgreens will have these items, but usually the bigger stores or the 24 hour stores have them available.  As always, call ahead to make sure.

Hope this was helpful.  If you're hunting some items from this collection down, good luck!

Live Happy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment