Thursday, September 12, 2013

2013 e.l.f. Disney Villains Look Book

That's right!  They did it again!

For the Halloween season e.l.f. has come out with 4 different look books featuring a Disney villain AND a 12 piece nail polish set.  Each look book retails for $9.99 as well as the nail polish gift set.

I just want to let you know that I got my items at Walgreens.  I'm not sure if they are exclusive to Walgreens like last time but that's a good place to start.


Like last time they have the same villains (Cruella, Maleficent and Evil Queen).  This year they have added Ursula.  I got Ursula!



There are also things that are different with the look books this time around.


First off the eyeshadows are in a removable palette (there are also only 6 shadows instead of 8), also they do not have false eyelashes.  They both still have primer but the liquid liner is just black for all look books.

Instead of lip pencils, they have one lip color.  They have also included mascara, a pencil liner and an eyeshadow brush.

There is no mirror attached to the box on the new one (it's in the eyeshadow palette)  and it has a magnetic closure.

Both have a day look and night look tutorial, but the new look book doesn't show as much detail as the one before.

Also the artwork is very different from the two.  In the previous book there was an almost Tim Burton CG cartoon vibe.  This time it's a beautiful almost elegant watercolor that reminds me of Erte. 

The nail polish gift box is a great deal for those who are looking for a color that will fit every occasion.  I bought this in hopes that the formula would be different from previous e.l.f. polishes since I really don't like the smell of them but they seem to be the same.




I am not sure if I will return this or not.  All in all if you love Disney villains and cosmetics then I don't know how you could resist this.  Start calling those Walgreens now and happy hunting!




5 comments:

  1. do the nail polishes have names? If so, can you tell me what they are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail polishes do have names but unfortunately I returned the set.

      Delete
    2. Jessi, I have found the names out if you still want them. Please refer to this post http://cosmeticconfections.blogspot.com/2013/09/disney-villain-extravaganza-at-walgreens.html

      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Are the colors in the Evil Queen, Cruella & Maleficent the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they are all different colors though they look a bit more similar. The colors this year are also different from the colors last year. Example: Fauna in the Maleficent palette this year is totally different from Fauna in the Maleficent palette last year.

      Delete