Friday, August 9, 2013

Marc Jacobs Beauty Now at Sephora

So I went to a not so local Sephora today to pick up a my Ariel mirror compact (the things we do for...) and saw the new Marc Jacobs cosmetics line.


Because I was on my lunch break I didn't have time to thoroughly look at it all but I did swatch some shadows, blushes and glosses.

Eyeshadow: Smooth like butter and well pigmented.  I loved how silky it felt when I swatched some colors on my hand.

Blush and Powders: Same smooth formula.  Goes on nice and silky.

Lipsticks:  Honestly I only tried them on the back of my hand so I can't say how they made my lips feel but in all honesty they felt a bit mediocre.  They were not dry, which was nice but they didn't feel like they would last long.

Lipgloss: A little sticky but couldn't be stickier than MAC Lipglass.  The applicator is similar to Hourglass' High Shine Lip Gloss.

Nail Polish:  Such pretty and impractical bottles for nail polish.  Honestly I was in love.  When the formula says opaque they mean it.  Baby Jane was practically a one-coater.  

So there it is.  My lunch time preview.  There are definitely some things that I want to get from this line but at the price-point I think I'm going to have to let willpower take over.

A couple of things.  I got Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb.  I will hopefully review on that soon but life has been so busy.

Also Sephora has Urban Decay vintage 24/7 liners for $6 here.  That is an amazing deal!

Also are they discontinuing Hello Kitty?  All of their stuff is on sale.... they did a similar thing when they got rid of Tara Tarantino and Charlotte Ronson.

No comments:

Post a Comment