Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale Early Access is On!

That's right!  It's my second most spendiest time of the year (after Christmas).

If you're a card holder then look through the website here.  If not, well you won't be able to see prices on the website.  Another alternative is going to an actual store.  I went to the one at Valley Fair today and they let anyone in the curtained off areas.  You only needed a Nordstrom card if you wanted to buy something.


If you're in SF and frequent the Stonestown location then my preferred SA there is Vicky from Women's Fragrance.  She's an experienced SA and always professional.

The site opened a little past midnight on Wednesday and by 1:15am I was done with round one.

I will be meeting with my SA on Saturday to finish my damage.

I only ordered 3 things when the sale went live.  I chose to have it picked up in store and despite ordering super early my items weren't ready to be picked up until lunch time.  I suppose it was a good thing that I was there at lunch time then *wink*.

What did I get?


This bag was the one I regretted not getting last year.  I got it in the color cyclamen and it is gorgeous.  It's not as light as it appears online which I like.  It's more of a magenta than a pink.  Also, this bag says Made in France for those who are concerned about whether a product is made in China.

Next I got the Zella Zip Panel Flannel Tote $55.90

I originally wanted to get the cheaper satin tote but they didn't have it available when I was ordering so I opted for the flannel one instead.  It is a huge tote and I was actually going to gift it to my friend as an alternative baby bag.  The flannel is nice and soft and it has an easy to clean purple nylon interior.  There's mesh pockets inside and an inner zip pocket.  Outside there are 2 deep front zippered pockets.  There is no pocket on the back of the bag which was kind of a bummer but not too big of a deal when you consider how much space there is.  I might have to get the satin bag now too.....

Lastly, I got Dior 'Sparkling Nail Powders' Set $48.00

Honestly I really only bought it out of curiosity (much the same reason why I bought Chanel Notorious).  It's very similar to the Nails Inc. Bling It On kits at Sephora.  It does come numbered and is a Nordstrom exclusive but I was hoping for sturdier packaging (it's just black cardboard) and larger bottles of glitter (they are smaller than the sticky base coat).  I will see how this works before I pass a final judgement, but so far I'm a little "meh" about it.  For that price I would buy another tote bag some clothes or maybe a couple of Lynnderella polishes.

Not a hefty haul no, but I'm not totally done yet.  Saturday I will be focused on clothing and maybe another bag or some cosmetics.  I still have a lot of shopping left in me.

Happy Hump Day and live happy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment