Friday, July 12, 2013

Dior Nail Sparkling Powders

This has got to be my more questionable purchase as far as the Anniversary sale goes.  I bought it because it was Dior and I love my nail polishes.






When I got it home and opened it up I was a little skeptical.

The packaging is in a black cardboard box.  They really didn't go out of their way to make a nice box that would last a long time..... no worries I guess but since it's a set that needs to be used together I would like to keep them together in a pretty box.

You get a full size of the adhesive base coat and 2 mini sized bottles of glitter.  The glitter bottles have a brush with them so that's nice but application still gets messy.

The glitter comes in black and in gold.  The black glitter isn't as sparkly as the gold and when used on the nail it has kind of a crushed glass look.






The gold is very sparkly and looks... well.... golden.  It's very pretty and sparkly.  You can gt away with doing one coat of glitter since the gold blends in nicely with the nail bed.

Now while both colors look nice enough, there's something in my head telling me that I can do this too if I had glitter and clear nail polish.  I wore it and thought what a waste of money.

My nails felt smooth enough to touch but they still snagged on lighter fabrics like lace.  When applying the glitter there was fall out.  A sheet of paper underneath your work area might help preserve the glitter.

My nails dried fairly quickly and the base coat kept the glitter in place.  I noticed bits of glitter everywhere right after application so keep tape handy to pick up stray glitter.  It's like the feeling when you get sand everywhere and you're trying to get it all but there's always some grain around lurking.  Once the nails fully dried there was no glitter shedding.

All in all I wasn't too impressed so far.

In removal, like with all glitters, it took some work.  But because the glitter is so fine, it didn't take as long as some of the other glitter polishes I had.  Again there was glitter everywhere.......

So for $48 is it worth it?  In my opinion no.  It does preform well for what it is but not for an item at this price point.

Nails Inc. has come out with some kits like this already for less money.  But there will always be those that buy into the frenzy.  As for me, I'm going to return mines tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment