Saturday, January 26, 2013

To Buy or Not to Buy? Dior Gris Trianon

So I think I'm officially getting sick.  I suppose it was bound to happen seeing as I work around people who don't know how to cover their mouths when they cough..... seriously.... where's Miss Manners when you need her?  We work next to a freakin' hospital and they don't know how to cover our cough?  And my tummy hurts..... great.

But I digress.....

Dior came out with a new collection for Spring 2013 called Cherie Bow.  In the collection is a mix of pinks and greys which go beautifully together.  And of course as a nail polish addict I had to take a good long look at Gris Trianon.

I don't have too many grey cremes but I also don't find that I need too many greys.  But regardless this was very tempting.

So what to do?  I painted a nail with Gris Trianon and went home.  My inner cheapskate told me to look at what I have in my massive collection.  I mean I have an almost full Helmer which should tell you readers something.

So I go home and look through my greys.  Gris Trianon is described as a dove grey, which I interpreted as pigeon.  It actually has a brownish tinge to it that makes it very wearable for warmer skintones.

When I compared this to Zoya Dove, Gris Trianon was a lot darker.  But compared to Gris Montaigne it was much lighter.  So what in my collection would be close?  Well, it's not exact but China Glaze Recycle is close enough to quench this lemming of mine.  It lacks the brownish tinge and is a bit darker but on me the color give the same effect and for a lot cheaper too.



So for me Gris Trianon is not a must have.  Although I do admit if I wasn't being a cheapo I totally would have added it to my collection.  I simply adore Dior nail polishes.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment