Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dupe Time! Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Big Bang

--------------------------Begin Long Ramble----------------------- 

Let me start this post by saying that I absolutely love this pencil.  They are still available at the Urban Decay site here.  But I do admit the cheapo in me cringes when I see that $19 price tag (that's 29 pork buns there folks).  And that's without tax.

So one day a long time ago I spotted something very similar at CVS in the Milani endcap.  You can get them at the Milani website here if you don't live near a CVS.  At about $8 they are a steal in comparison to the Urban Decay one.  But how would the formula be?  Granted I'm sure many a blogger has already compared these two products but I couldn't justify spending $8 on a possible dupe if I already had one at home.

So I waited, some times I came so close to buying it during a sale but the shade I wanted was always either out or opened.

So comes the drugstore beauty sale to end all sales.......

CVS is having their clearance sale where select items are 50% or 75% off.  If you like something on sale then stock up time is now!

Milani had the Lip Flash pencils on sale at 75% off.  I didn't jump on it because I have a crapload of makeup already.  But earlier tonight I took a detour and found myself near a CVS.  I figure why not check it out.  Like fate I tell ya!  I found the shade I wanted and it was the last one to boot.  Seal intact and good to go.  So without further ado I present my findings. 

--------------------------End Long Ramble-----------------------

So for the Urban Decay shade I got Big Bang.  It's a gorgeous bright fuschia with sparkle in it.  It really demands attention and I love it.


The Milani LIp Flash pencil is in shade Flashy.  It's a totally apt name given how bright it looks.

Compared side by side they look damn near identical.  The only thing that differs is the top.

Both products are made in Germany and have the same slightly waxy smell to them.

Now the color..... here's where I couldn't be happier.

Can you tell the difference?  Look at how seamless they blend into each other.

Urban Decay on top and Milani on the bottom.

They are the exact same!  The only difference I could tell was that the Milani one might be slightly (very slightly) less pigmented than the Urban Decay one.  But with the shimmer in both of them it really isn't noticeable at all.

So...... 

If you like Urban Decays Big Bang but don't like to spend big bucks (see what I did there?).  Then head on over to CVS and grab these Lip Flash pencils for 75% off while you still can.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment