Friday, December 14, 2012

Beau Khaki Anyone? Sinful Colors Beau Khaki and Revlon FX


Update!!!!  The collection for Sinful Colors is called Haute Rebel.  Actually I find the name kind of dumb (like Rihanna's Rebel Fleur).  But that's the name of the collection if you are looking for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So it's Friday and I got paid.  I guess it had to mean that I go and get some nail polish.

I'm also going to try my hand at making something sweet and paleo friendly so I will have a treat soon I promise.

First up is Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish FX!

Revlon Top Speed FX: Celestial FX and Hearts of Golf FX.
I got the 2 topcoats that are apart of this collection.  I know I have shaped glitter polish somewhere but I really wanted to try these. 

The shade Hearts of Gold FX is a gold glitter polish in a clear base with holo hearts.  The main glitter in these polishes is tiny and not heavy so you don't have to worry about drowning out your base color.

This polish is pretty and looks great with green but the hearts were difficult to work with.  You would definitely need to pick and place the glitter.

Celestial FX is a silvery iridescent glitter polish with holo stars, crescents and diamonds.  I found this polish to be much easier to work with and needed less time placing the larger glitters on my nail.  It kind of makes me feel like I have Lucky Charms on my fingers.

Onto Beau Khaki!!!!!!!!

Sinful Colors Beau Khaki.  If you don't get it I won't be the one to tell you.

Seriously, such a perverted name right?  Well I got this at Walgreens along with my Revlons.  I can't for the life of me remember what collection this is from but I know it has a lot of dusty colors (grey, army green, etc.) and the girl on the display looks a little emo.

But colors are colors and I couldn't help but think that I have nothing like Beau Khaki in my large collection.

Beau Khaki and Revlon FX: Index and ring finger has Celestial FX; middle and pinky have Hearts of Gold FX

Application was amazing!  This could be a one coater.  and the formula was nice and self - leveling.  The color looks like if Army Green and Khaki had a baby.  It's a light moss (baby poo) color that looks very neutral.  For those afraid of bright greens this may be the green for you.

Beau Khaki and Revlon FX: Index and ring finger has Celestial FX; middle and pinky have Hearts of Gold FX

This shade is similar to Essie Sew Psyched and Chanel Khaki Vert.

Beau Khaki and Revlon FX: Index and ring finger has Celestial FX; middle and pinky have Hearts of Gold FX

While I never had Khaki Vert, I had Sew Psyched and for some reason never liked the way it looked so I got rid of it.

Beau Khaki and Revlon FX: Index and ring finger has Celestial FX; middle and pinky have Hearts of Gold FX

But this color is heaven in a bottle for me.  I love how it looks and the undertones flatter me nicely (or I would like to think so).  And for $1.99 it's a bargain!

Definitely check this color out.  Especially if you're looking for an even cheaper dupe of Chanel Khaki Vert.

1 comment:

  1. All 3 are gorgeous! & LOL @ "Beau Khaki". I have to track that one down for the name alone. I'm a sucker for those strange dung green colors. This one reminds me a bit of Sinful Colors Seaweed.

    ReplyDelete