Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review: Revlon Ruby Ribbon and Briliant Bordeaux

So CVS is having a promo where if you buy 2 Revlon beauty items or tools you get $7 back in Extra Care bucks.  I got 2 polishes from their Just Add Sparkle collection for Holiday 2012.


Brilliant Bordeaux on the top and Facets of Fuchsia on the bottom.  So hard to photograph these.
Brilliant Bordeaux is a sheer black base with magenta and holo silver bar glitter with tiny black glitter.  When I saw the color I immediately thought of Facets of Fushcia.  The color is pretty much similar but there's so much more going on in Brilliant Bordeaux..... almost too much.  On the nail it's a very pretty color and spreads easily.  I would recommend layering this over a lighter color (like grey) to see the black glitter in this.  I layered this over my current mani which is a dark (almost black color) similar to Revlon Lunar, which is pretty much a black.


Ruby Ribbon is a clear base with very fine bright orange-red glitter.  This also has larger bar glitter in fuchsia and holo bar glitter.


This is really bright and sparkles like crazy.  The two different glitters make this look almost duochrome.  Application was not as nice and can be patchy but it's totally worth it.  Once you apply two coats it's pretty much opaque.

Giveaway News!

So in my last post I mentioned a tiny giveaway for a Nivea Olive Oil and Lemon lip balm.  I set the giveaway to end on Friday but so far no entries.  To enter one must follow my blog and comment on the post.  For those already subscribed, all they would need to do is comment on the post.

Just wanted to mention it again just in case.

Other than that, I hope your Halloween was fun.

  

1 comment: