Saturday, July 14, 2012

Memories with Make Up (A Nostalgic Look at Borghese)

So it's Friday night (Saturday morning now) and I felt the need to use a face mask.  As I looked in my cabinet I saw a seriously old jar of Borghese Fango mud and a not-so-old Estee Lauder So Clean Deep Pore Mask.

After contemplating for a while I decided on something totally different and mixed up a random mud mask for Indonesia with some Tea Tree oil.  But this led me to think about some of the beauty products I use and how the brands evolved.

Let's start off first by saying that I've been in a de-clutter mood the last week.  I went through a few places and cleaned out what I don't use anymore or rearranged what I do and intend to use.  I used to do this more often as a kid but as I got older I had more important things to do.

In my de-clutter I discovered a Borghese gift set that I bought during the holidays.  I got one for my co-worker of the classics (Fango, Tono, etc.) and I got one for me of their Continuous Hydration line.  The set came with a serum, moisturizer and mask.  I quickly turned to Google to look for reviews and was very surprised to find none that were comprehensive enough to satisfy my curiosity.

From the Borghese website the line is suppose to provide continuous moisture and protect the skin from external influences.

The gist I gathered is that it's supposed to leave skin soft, plump, protected and moisturized.  Sort of like recapturing pure youth.  The products are also pretty expensive so I'm happy I was able to get it in a set for a pretty good deal.

Since there weren't any detailed reviews I decided to take the plunge and try it out myself to see if it works.  My skin has been pretty decent lately although it does have dry patches and my nose is more clogged than usual.

I tried the hydrating concentrate and the 24-hour continuous hydration moisturizer and I really like it so far.  I also don't get why you would need to apply a 24 hour moisturizer twice a day, but I figured I would just follow with the instructions.

Pros:
Absorbs quickly
No greasy feeling

Cons:
Dry patches still present
Skin doesn't feel moisturized

This is only from using the products twice.  I will give it a good 2 weeks (or up until my skin can handle) and come back with a thorough review.  Although it says it's for continuous moisture it really feels more like a product for younger skin.  Everything feels so light I almost feel like it's not working.  This may all be years of brainwashing where I equate a heavy moisturizer as better but we will see.  I love a lot from Borghese and hope this doesn't disappoint.

This led me to memories at the Emporium (now Macy's) and spending quality girl time with my mom.  She loved how luxurious and spa-like everything felt and I guess that rubbed off on me.

I really think that this line has become very underrated.  There's good stuff to be had yet it doesn't get the crowds in like MAC or Chanel... ah marketing.  If you ever do swing by a Borghese counter check out the following:

 Fango Active Mud for Face and Body
Tono Body Cream
Bagno Di Vita Body Soak
B Gloss lip gloss in Fiore
State of the Art Lipstick in Sheer Porto (discontinued but still fairly easy to find)
Eye Shadow Trio (the one product I found reviews on, I wish I still had mine from way back when)
Il Bacio perfume 

This is a long-winded post but my mind wouldn't be able to rest until it was out.

Have a good night!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment