Friday, July 27, 2012

A Post Quickie: Thoughts on Borghese Continuous Hydration Serum and Moisturizer

So...... in my last post I told you how I bought a gift set with items for Borghese Continuous Hydration line.  It's a pricy line and it has few detailed reviews online.  I decided to try this out to see exactly how effective this would be.

For reference, I have combination skin with a usually oily T zone yet I have dry patches around my nose and mouth.  My hope was that this line would smooth out those patches and make my skin look fresh and moisturized.

It's been two whole weeks and I am so sick of using this serum and moisturizer.  I ended up destroying it out of frustration.

Now I know two weeks isn't a lot of time to know how a product would fully work but these products did absolutely nothing for me.  It may have caused a few pimples but other than that I found no change in my skin after using this day and night for two weeks.

SERUM:

It feels really good when you apply it, but it is kind of slimy and the fragrance gave me a headache.  I'm not usually sensitive to fragrance but this was just straight perfume-y.  After application, I didn't notice any increase in moisture.  This serum is a gel and like many gel products, I don't really like them because I feel they don't really work as well as creams.  This is mainly because every time I apply a gel product to my face it peels after setting like some kind of facial lint.  Not cool.

It also seriously feels just like flax seeds and water.  If you never tried this, all you do is stir flax seeds with warm/hot water and you got yourself a moisturizing slime.  

For $90 retail this is a most infuriating dud.

If you must try this out for yourself get a generous sample first.

CREAM:

I love how this dispenses so I will give them points for that.  The cream is suppose to continuously hydrate for 24 hours.  I don't know how this is suppose to occur since most people wash their face twice a day.

Anyways....

This is a great gel cream formula that absorbs quickly into the skin.  I was told to use half a pump but found that my skin drank that up before I could go over my whole face so I used almost a full pump.  The skin feels soft afterwards but not necessarily moisturized.  What worst is that my dry patches around my lips and nose were still there.

At the end of the day I didn't feel any more or less moisture retention on my skin but I also didn't feel too greasy.

It was completely lackluster for a $69 cream.

So after using these two products I found them to be incredibly underwhelming.  It's almost as if the two weeks didn't happen.  It wasn't good but it wasn't bad.  It was like Limbo skincare.  After I decided to no longer use the serum and moisturizer I had a Clarisonic scrub down and my face feels fresh and glowing.

So bottom line, these didn't work at all on me and I will not be purchasing them in the future.  With that kind of money I say invest in a Clarisonic Mia and use the left over cash to get some lunch.   

No comments:

Post a Comment