Friday, December 16, 2011

Happy Almost Holidays: Fingerpaints Special Effects and Ninjabread Men

Lets just say I'm pretty worn out.  I really wanted to sleep when I got home but as many will attest to, it's hard to sleep when you really want to.

Update on my ticket:

I finally got some info looking online using my citation number.  Only problem was that they give you 21 days to do something about it and this Friday would be my only opportunity.  So I woke up early, had DBF drive me to the courthouse, told the cashier that I wanted to take traffic school but couldn't afford the ticket fine and set a court date for April.

Now if you didn't know, California is notorious for having huge ticket fines.  My total (including traffic school fee and convenience fee) came to $420.20.  Now I don't lay golden eggs so I knew there was no way I could come up with that amount.

Hopefully with the court date so far away I will at least be able to save up for my fine if the judge is unwilling to reduce the fine or offer a payment plan.  Just another lesson to be careful when you live in a cash-strapped state and it's nearing the end of the month.  I'm going to be driving extra-old-lady-slow this Christmas weekend.

I also recently discovered that there will be no gift exchanges this year in my family.  This kind of sucks because I love giving gifts.  In fact I already bought the gifts and now I have the arduous (and kinda embarrassing) task of returning it all to Bloomingdale's.

I'm sure I'm going to get some dirty looks from some pissed off SA for returning all this stuff.

Cosmetic

Onto Fingerpaints!  They have new topcoats that give a duochrome flakie effect.  These are awesome but also slightly more expensive compared to the regular line.  My receipt shows the special effects polishes at $5.49 each while my regular bottle was $4.99 each. 

Not too bad, and right now with a 3 bottle purchase of Fingerpaints you get a free clutch.


Twisted and Flashy
So I got Twisted and Flashy

Flashy is a red to gold to green duochrome.  This is much like the flakies seen in Nfu Oh 51 except there is no base color.

Flashy and Twisted over black without flash
Twisted is different.  It looks to me as if they mixed all of the other colors they came up with and bottled it as this.  This looks like a rainbow on your finger with multiple shades showing at the same angle.  You get flashes of aqua, blue, purple, red, green and gold.  It's unique and so festive.
Flashy and Twisted over black with flash

Confection

I was planning on making cookies and bringing them over to my old workplace.  However, due to reasons I really don't know about I have to stop by the lab on Saturday and Sunday.  This leaves me with no convenient opportunity to drop by my old workplace before I go to my current job.  I suppose I will have to make cupcakes and bring them in after the holidays.... sigh....

In either case here are my naked ninjabread men.

Ninjabread men. HIYAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
I tried adding a bit of cocoa powder to make them chocolaty but gingerbread really overpowers all of my deep dark cocoas.  They just ended up looking like chocolate cookies but tasting like gingerbread....

Well folks, that's all.  Have a wonderful weekend!


  


1 comment: