Thursday, September 22, 2011

For All of Those Wanting Tattoo Make-Up..........

So am I the only one who has noticed an increased flux in temporary tattoo cosmetics?  It all started when Chanel came out with their temporary tattoos and big companies figured that people are stupid enough to pay $75 for them (me included).  Now it seems that everything that was once liquid has turned either a solid peel and stick form or transfer form.

Granted as with all trends, this too used to be big back in the days.  This is just presented on a whole different level.

Back in high school and early college my friends and I would stock up on bindis (thank you Gwen Stefani), henna tattoos, glittered up body stickers and Swarovski body art.  In fact I still have a few sheets of sticky Swarovski crystals laying around the condo.  I no longer use them to accent my eyes, but even after all these years they still stick and I'll use them for random blinging (before bling was used) lets say bedazzling.

So what does the market have to offer us?

Just check Sephora to get an idea.  Right now temporary tattoo lips, paper eyelashes and stick on eyeliner.  Past items of interest would include nail polish strips and eyeshadow patches.

Who comes up with this stuff?

I just ordered some lip tattoos from Violent Lips so I'll be sure to review once I get them.  I am currently in love with Sally Hansen polish strips (got some Halloween ones) but have tossed the eyeshadow patches because they weren't idiot-proof.  

Either that or I am an exceptional idiot.

So onto my beauty journey of today.....  I got off of work late and had to mail off a swap package so off to the mall I went where the post office closes as 9pm.  After I mailed off the package I went to the Sephora inside of a JCPenney and browsed in that little section for a good hour.

No pics of my own since bf has the camera:

Sephora Nail Bling in Black Rainbow
There's a blog review and better pictures here
Then there was a few things from Urban Decay that were calling to me....

The 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Bobby Dazzle and Retrograde found here

and.....

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Big Bang seen here

I'm going to have to test the liners out a bit more on how well they wear but I love the application of them.

The lip color is wonderful and bright and glittery and I love to pieces.  It also lasts pretty long and comes off easily (glitter and all) with MAC Gently Off Remover.

I can't wait to get the camera back.  I've been wanting to add more polishes to my Etsy Shop but will have to wait a little bit.

No confections tonight.  Work was tiring and will be even more tiring for the remaining 2 days left so I'm fairly exhausted and totally drained at this point.  




No comments:

Post a Comment