Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nail Polish Serendipity: Crackle- Filling! My Proud Moment of Last Week

So as I mentioned in my last post I modified the traditional crackle polish look by adding a tinted color on top and then a topcoat.  I'm sure plenty of people have done this already, but I really liked the look and figured I'd share it.

Cosmetic:

So here are the two sets of colors I used.
L'oreal Blue Marine, China Glaze Lightening Bolt, T.i.m.e. Color Tint for Nails in Red 
$OPI Cab Fare, OPI Turquiose Shatter, Dior Rock Coat

It's basically the same thing as applying crackle but after the crackle polish dries, you add one or two coats of tinted polish or jelly polish.

It should be noted that I added a coat of Rock Coat to this nail as I found the color tint to be  really watery and not provide enough color overall.  It did tint the white polish a pretty pink though.



It's really kind of cool when you look at your nails and they look shattered from within.  A big plus for me is that my nails are smooth and free from bumps that come from the uneven surface.  This drives me crazy and I end up peeling off the polish by the end of the day but when I crackle-fill, my nails don't bother me one bit.


Confection: 

Okay so this isn't really a confection but for me this is such a yummy sandwich!

This is a Gene's Atomic Sub from Gene's Liquor on Taraval st. in San Francisco.



My boyfriend found this place one day when he took our dog to the vet and was waiting for him to finish up.  I've been hooked ever since.  It's not an overtly complicated sandwich but it's made really well.  And it's really yummy!  If you're ever in SF and craving a sandwich this is a great place that mostly locals go to.

Who wants to wait forever and a half at Ike's?  Granted this place can get busy too and there's only one person making sandwiches, but at least parking is semi-easier to get.

That's all for now.  Hope your week is going great!

2 comments: