Friday, July 22, 2011

Pa polishes and Nabi glitter

So I'm totally enamored with Pa polishes.  These polishes are from Dear Laura Inc. and although they are tiny they are super cute...... like all things Japanese I suppose.

You can find the site here.  They have a bunch of information and if you only thought they made cute nail polishes think again.  This company is an entire cosmetics line from  nail polish to eyelid glue.  Nail art may be fairly new here but I remember 8 years ago I had a friend in Japan studying nail art.  I had no clue how big it would become.

But onto polishes.....  I only have 4 pa polishes but I do think that I will be getting more in the future.  In the U.S. (or at least in the Bay Area) basic polishes cost the least, but are still around $3-$4 depending on where you go.  The Grande Lame series is about $4-$5 and the newest polishes they have out (I'm so intrigued) are $6 online.

These polishes are tiny and given the price, I can see why many aren't willing to try it.  But even with the tiny size, this brand has many good things going for them.  The formula is great, it dries fairly quickly and the nail polish colors are very pretty and many have additional effects such as shimmer, iridescence or glitter.

These are really great polishes and I'm glad I finally broke down and got them.

So onto pictures.... if you hang around the nail care section on TPF you might have already seen these....

pa A26 is a pretty port/wine shade with golden shimmer.



pa AA32 is a layering polish that is full of tiny glitter and large hex shaped glitter.  Both glitters are a silver holographic color.




 pa AA36 is a light black jelly based polish with tiny silver glitter and large pink hex glitter.  This would look so cool over black polish.




pa A24 is a pretty purple with a gold shimmer.  In the sun the shimmer reflects bits of green and red as well.  It's funny, because with flash the purple appears more blue based.  But without the flash, the purple appears more red based.

In my humble opinion, the color is best represented in the picture without flash.





So onto the Nabi.....

I got this at a $0.99 store down the block.  Don't overlook your local dollar stores.

The formula is not the best with these glitters.  The base polish is watery yet thick....  The glitter is hard to place on the nail and for whatever reason the polish refuses to dry even after 20 minutes.  After all that, I must say for $0.99 this is still an okay deal.

One note though.... in order for the polish to dry I had to apply Seche Vite over it.  Also, try to use an orange wood stick to place the glitter or else you will soon become frustrated.

This is 2 coats.  It's not that glitter dense.


 I absolutely love the variety of glitter that is in this polish.  There's red, blue and gold and all shapes from tiny glitter to super big hex glitter.  The base is a pinkish tint that you really can't see when on the nail.  The smell is a bit more offensive than most polishes in the market but it's no worse of a smell than Kleancolor.

Do you have an pa polishes?  What outrageous glitter polishes do you own?

No comments:

Post a Comment