Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter! Water Marbling with MAC Ice Cream Cake and Mischievous Mint

Hi everyone!  Good news is that it's Friday, bad news for me is that I have to go in to work on Sunday.  But seeing as how I'm not really religious in any way I'm fine with it.

Cosmetic

Now I decided to do an Easter manicure since It would allow me to use shades I haven't worn yet and it's been a while since I've done some good ol' water marbling.  Overall I'm really satisfied with the results.  One thumb landed in an especially polish dense zone and looks a lot more vibrant than the other nails, however I'm not sure how I was able to accomplish this.

Water Marbling of MAC Ice Cream Cake and Mischievous Mint.  Base color was China Glaze Something Sweet.

 I love how the pastel shades look.  Perfect for Easter and it puts me in a very Spring-time mood.  I used Orly Nail Bonder as a base coat and Seche Vite as a top coat.  MAC polishes normally have good wear on me so I'm sure this will last me until the weekend is over.

Maybe when I have time I can try to water marble a flame design.  Sorry for such a short post but it's Friday and I have a few things to get in order for my weekend.



Confection

I got this as a farewell cake, but turns out this cake is amazing!  If you're a fan of Tres Leches cake and are in San Jose then you have to try this one.

Slice of Tres Leches cake from Pink Elephant Bakery


It's the perfect amount of milk that allows the cake to be soft and moist but not runny.  The best part is that I got a beautifully decorated 1/4 sheet cake for less than $30.  Might seem like a lot for cake but given how expensive cupcakes are here this is a bargain.



No comments:

Post a Comment