Friday, May 22, 2015

Barneys Love Yourself Bag Review: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, Radical Skincare Extreme repair and Rituals Yogi Flow Foaming Shower gel

Apologies everyone!  I know I've been absent so a little bit.  All is well for me overall I've just been busy with life.

So this is the last of the reviews I have from my Barneys Love Yourself bag that was given out in March.


I've finally gone through most all of the samples and I have found some really great items that I will continue to use along with some items I'm glad I didn't buy and never will.

So without further to do let's get on with the last three reviews!


I'm not for using primers.  In fact I'm a bit anti-primer to be honest.  I got a travel size of this with my very first Love Yourself bag and ended up giving it away.  It's not that I didn't like it, I just never gave it a chance.

So what changed?  Well, honestly I tried this sample mainly to review it.  And can I say, I can see why this is one of the top selling primers.  It goes on smoothly and give such a soft and smooth finish without feeling like there's a mask on you.  When I used this with my BB cream I noticed that it made it look more like I had foundation on than an enriched tinted moisturizer; I'm impressed with the results.

While testing it I had no breakouts and I had no irritation which is a definite plus with my sensitive skin.

Would I buy it?  I'm still not completely sold on face primers but if I were to get one I would consider this one.


I thought this was a serum because of the packaging but it's actually a rich and dense cream.  It is touted as being a rich cream that provides deep hydration while also repairing the signs of aging and calming even the most sensitive of skin.  While I didn't use this long enough to see if it really did repair any of my signs of aging, I did use it long enough to know that it really did help calm my skin and that it provided deep moisture that was quickly absorbed.  It felt like it absorbed a bit too fast so you'll want to have slightly moist skin before applying this.  I usually just apply right after my toner and my skin feels lovely.

No breakouts with this one and some results seen within a week.  While I am a bit sad that the full sized product isn't a pump, I am interested to see what this will do with prolonged use.  At $150 for 50ml it's a bit pricey but it's not the most I've spent on a moisturizer so I can't really argue about the price, especially when I've seen results after a short time.  My only fear is that after using it for a while my skin will suddenly freak out when I do use it and I will be left with a half full jar of expensive ass cream..... it's happened before.

So I will continue to use my sample until I am all finished and maybe in the future consider buying this.

Last but not least.....


Fist off I am biased because I love Rituals.  This is no exception.  Iove their foaming shower gels and will most likely end up buying the entire line.  Yogi Flow is scented with Indian rose and has sweet almond oil in it.  While I find no difference performance-wise with the other scents, I do love the soft floral scent of Yogi Flow.  It's a little sweet and very warm.  Not too strong or heady at all, the scent almost reminds me of the act of cuddling.  That's right, cuddles in a can.

A little goes a long way but I tend to overindulge and my can never lasts more than 6 weeks or so.  But oh my, what a wonderful six weeks of showers I have.

That's all,  hope this was of some help and/or entertainment.  I will try to post more when I can.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend.

Live Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment