Saturday, October 26, 2013

Guerlain Crazy Paris Eye Palette in Neon Look

Friday night and listening to Mary J. Blige.

I'm also full of hummus and tacos.....

But enough of me, lets get to the review.


This is for the eyeshadow palette in Neon Look.  This is part of the Crazy Paris Holiday 2013 collection and is quite pricey at $86.


The palette comes with 4 eyeshadows and 2 liners that can also be used as shadows.  The colors are pretty sheer and wearable for a palette that has neon in the name though.  The most pigmented shades are the black liner and the copper shadow.


What I love about this set is that they include 2 applicators that actually work pretty well.  Most of the time I throw them away but these are keepers.  Also Paris is printed in bright pink on the mirror.  Really cute, I love details like that.

A real let down is that the bright pink shade in the pan translates to a sheer pink wash.  The white pearl shadow and the light gold shadow look pretty similar when I apply them so I have to make sure to keep them away from each other if I use them both at the same time.

The pink, while super subtle, is very nice and when mixed with the copper shade it makes a lovely rose gold color.



The grey liner is nice to add subtle definition to the eyes.  I either use this to further define the crease or on my bottom lashes.

The quality of the shadows is amazing with very little fall out and are very blendable.  The black and grey liner shades aren't as smooth as the other shadows but as powder liners they are very good.

 All in all, would I buy this palette again?  I don't know.  I really feel that a lot of the colors can be duped, but I do like it and will find good use of it.

If you are interested, get it while you still can.

Enjoy your weekend and live happy!











No comments:

Post a Comment