Friday, June 28, 2013

Mini Rimmel Haul: Show Off Lip Lacquer and Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 06

So it is hotter than a hyena's ass here in San Jose.  It's about 101 degrees where I'm at and I'm impatiently waiting for the sun to go down.

I went to Walgreens during my lunch and got some Rimmel items.


The first is their Show Off Lip Lacquer.  I got Apocaliptic (no typo) and Stellar.



I then got a Kate Lipstick in shade 06.


First off the lip lacquers I got are nice and pigmented.  They have this smell to them that reminds me of YSL Pure Shines, kinda "mango" scented.

But what I really love is how light they feel on my lips.  It's feels only as heavy as lip balm and almost airy as I applied it.  It's stains the lips but the staining wears evenly.

My only complaint is that the lacquer doesn't seem to set.  If my hair gets on my lips, I have to be careful that I lift the hair off and rub whatever highly pigmented lacquer transferred to that so it doesn't look like I have thin colored lines across my face.

But at $4.99 I have to say I am extremely impressed.  The only reason I don't own them all is because of how large my lip collection already is.

The Lasting Finish Lipstick I got for a little over $5.  The scent reminds me of Novocaine and clean public bathrooms.  But the color reminds me of MAC Hollywood Nights.  It's a gorgeous bright pink that is as loud as can be without being neon.  The formula glides on smoothly and covers evenly.  My favorite part isn't even the lipstick.  It's the click that the top makes when you put the cap back on the bullet.  So satisfying!

That's all for now.  Stay cool and live happy.     

No comments:

Post a Comment