Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dior Holiday 2012 Collection: Diva x 2

So if anyone hasn't seen the Grand Bal Collection from Dior go take a look at it here.  I absolutely love how the collection is presented because it has such a retro vibe that I remember Dior Cosmetics having when I first noticed them in high school.

However, being that I indeed have a crap-load of make up, I decided to only let myself get a polish and a lipstick from this collection.  The polishes are beautiful orbs that look like the perfect ornament.  The lipsticks look like fancy candlestick holders (or something similar).  While I think that the collection is very impressive, I look at the items and think to myself that they're too pretty to use.  Really, it's awful to think that way because after all it's purpose and meaning is to be used.


So, I got both the nail polish and lipstick in Diva.  The nail color is a gorgeous black polish with hidden golden sparkle.  This keeps it from looking too Halloween-ish and more black-tie.  One thing is that the handle on the brush is short.  This might be a problem for some because the way you grip the handle will be different but the brush is a full-sized brush so at least you have that.

  

The lipstick is a bold true red that isn't too bright and leans a little blue when compared to the other shades in the collection.  This collection is a red lipstick lovers dream.  They vary from a warmer red-orange to a pinker magenta-rose.  The lipsticks are well pigmented and apply smoothly.

If you love retro glamor and art deco then I urge you to check this collection out.  It has a glamorous elegance to it that almost makes it feel a bit Great Gatsby like to me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment