Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So Close! Things to Do in SF: Barneys Love Yourself and Hermes Festival de Metier

So I realize it's not yet the weekend but there's something a-brewing for all those in SF this weekend of the high-end shopping nature.

First off Barneys is going to have their Love Yourself event this weekend.  If you pre-ordered already then you know you will get charged tomorrow (9/19) and qualify for double points.  I really had no need for double points but damn my purchase is ginormous this time around.

Word of caution though:  If you didn't get a look at the gift on display you might be a little disappointed.  When I saw the display there were many samples but not as many deluxe samples (that I saw), and no full-sized products.  Even my friend wasn't too impressed and she never saw the previous gifts.

The big raised-eyebrow from me came when I saw the Deborah Lippmann polish.  It was not full-sized like in the past but a mini!

I remember seeing samples for: Radical skincare, Molton Brown, 3Lab, Kai and Malin+Goetz.  But I didn't rummage through the bag.  The bag will also be the same style as earlier in the year but with a different color scheme.

From what I read from other blogs, they will be doing a level up gift from many of the brands.  This is nice if you know what you want but I think the beauty of the Barneys bag is trying things I never would have and with them being full-sized I'm more apt to try them as opposed to a blister card that you see with samples of Avon and Mary Kay (not judging, but this is Barneys).

Let us hope that this gift bag will live up to its reputation.  If not, then I doubt I will have any more need for my Barneys card.

And I know that I might sound like a greedy whore (which I am).  But mind you that the minimum purchase price is $200.  

Do you know how many pork buns I can get for $200? 

307 of them!  Yeah I calculated it.

So yeah the expectations are pretty high.  Especially considering that 4 years ago the minimum purchase price was $150.

On to something kinda educational.....

You ever wonder why stuff at Hermes costs so much?  Well your answer can be found starting on the 20th and through the weekend because the Festival de Metier is here!

You can see how stuff is made by the craftsmen themselves.  This is not only insightful but really fun if you're into knowing where your fashion came from.

Now that my message has been made I am off to read Cloud Atlas!

Have a great rest of the week and live happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment