Monday, August 1, 2011

Recent Nail Polish Binge..... When is it Really Enough?

The answer is never.

This post is dedicated to my recent purchases and unfortunately there haven't been any good confections coming my way lately so nothing in the yummy tummy department.

Side Note:  After watching at the infomercial at least a dozen times, I found the Genie Bra at my local CVS and bought it.  I'm a 36 band size and my cup size is a C or D.  It felt like I was trying to get into a wristband.  Back to CVS it goes..... perhaps to be exchanged for something cosmetic.  I was really hoping it would work (it even had pads so that no nipples would poke through) but alas, my quest for a bra continues.

On to nail polish!..... Kinda

So Nordstrom's had a nail polish deal of buy 2 get 1 free.  If you're familiar with Nordstrom's then you will know that this is their form of a sale for the cosmetics department.  Not too long ago they had the same deal with mascara and before that I remember that I bought some eyeshadows with the same type of promo.

These promos are short lived (usually a weekend or a bit longer) but pre-sales are taken beforehand.  Usually SA are good about this.  But the only problem is that this sale wasn't really announced or promoted.  Plus, it happened at the end of anniversary so many polishes were depleted.

The main fault...... there is no SA for Deborah Lippmann or Butter London because they are brands that don't have counter space.  That said, word only got out once it was posted in blogs and forums.  Whether this was intentional or not on Nordstrom's part I don't know.  But with this deal in mind and Nordstrom Note in hand, I went on a Sunday and did some damage.
from left to right : Midnight Rendezvous, Heat of the Night, True Romance and Chrome Passion

from left to right : Midnight Rendezvous, Heat of the Night, True Romance and Chrome Passion

I got the Le Metier de Beaute set along with Butter London in: Bluey, British Racing Green and Wallis.
British Racing Green, Bluey and Wallis

British Racing Green, Bluey and Wallis

I also did some shopping at my local Dollar Tree and scores some oldies but goodies.
Cover Girl Sun Kissed

Cover Girl Midnight Forest

Cover Girl in Anti-Freeze and Orange Slush layered over black

But that wasn't all, I finally got my Unicorn Pee and I must say it is amazing!  I think other people caught on to this because the Ebay listing for this have dropped down to 3 or 4 as opposed to 6 to 8 listings that included multiple available bottles.  Pictures show one coat layered over black.






I also went over to my friend's house and took a few polishes she no longer used.  
L to R: Anna Sui 201, The Face Shop 66 and 63

All I have to say is holy crap!  The damage I did definitely means that I'm going to have to instill a ban on myself.  I don't see this has being a problem since I got my beloved Clarins 230, but I am an impulsive shopper and I've become smitten with dusty hunting.  Not to mention I found out there is a The  Face Shop in Santa Clara....

But I must be good!  For the sake of all that is good and pure, I must be good.

Hell, I don't think I'll stop, but at least I'll have a more discerning eye.  Not to mention I still need to get frankening supplies so I really should behave myself.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! First, to answer your question, if enough ever becomes enough, I haven't hit that wall yet. =) Second, did I already say WOW? And I'm so jealous you got Wallis! I don't love Butter London's formula in most of their polishes, but I'm willing to give them another shot for Wallis. IF I ever find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and speaking of frankening supplies, I am anxiously awaiting a few grams of spectra-flair to experiment with for holos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you mention Wallis, when I went to my local Nordstrom's they had a huge amount of them. I guess they were really trying to promote it.

    Spectra-flair is so awesome! Did you get it on eCrater? I've been contemplating on getting this but I want to be more confident in my frankening skills before I splurge on the precious stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing haul! You're so lucky living near Nordstrom, I'm in Australia and Nordstrom ship here (for a small fortune) but nail polish is banned! Wahh!

    Midnight Rendezvous and True Romance look amazing - are they Le Metier? Just as I've never come across the brand before so have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep Midnight Rendezvous and True Romance are from Le Metier. I actually found True Romance to not be that special and I'm sure it's possible to dupe.

    Australia has an entirely different world of nail polishes that we can't get in the states so I don't think we're that lucky.

    ReplyDelete